Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Old Dogs and Young Pups

Forget what you've heard - old dogs can learn new tricks.  I'm pretty sure that continual learning IS the trick to not getting "old."  

Not that I am very old, mind you. Yeah, the first computer my hubby and I had was in DOS...and I had a crush on Davy Jones and David Cassidy as a young teen (google them if the names are strange)...and I remember mom paying extra to get a private telephone line instead of a party line in one little town where we lived...okay, fine, I really AM getting old.

It is good to appreciate the old ways, but learn the new ones, too. And in the best of both worlds, the old and young are both enriched by teaching to and learning from each other.

This old dog received a lesson tonight from a young pup on how to set up a blog.  Thank you, Marquesas, for your patience and generosity of spirit. 

I will be sharing some food preservation recipes and skills that many consider "old ways."  I anticipate learning from others older and younger than myself and look forward to the journey.  Whether you are experienced at food preservation, a newbie, or just want to get started, I hope you will join me.

~Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Depends on the meaning of old re: old at heart, old in spirit, old in physical presence. Some people have an old soul.. My problem will eventually be my body is old but my mind is still young. One can hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!!! The blog is looking great!

    ReplyDelete